Benefits include stability of the nervous system, sharper memory, resilience to stress and improved immunity.
Over a six week course we explain some different techniques, that anyone can do – so you can find one to suit you!
- Yoga Nidra – A guided Sivasana – A simple form of mindful meditation which is a voice led guided meditation. Suitable for anyone from absolute beginner to those accustomed to meditation.
- Metta Meditation – A guided meditation based on the Buddhist practise of ‘Loving Kindness’.
- Trataka – An introduction to meditation via gazing
- Japa Meditation – A simple technique that involves the repetition of a mantra internally.
- Pranayame techniques – An add-on to all the other classes, simple breathing techniques that can enhance your personal meditation practice.
- Vedic Meditation – Your key to your own on-going meditation practice. Suitable for those who have attended at least 3 of the other modules, or are accustomed to meditation already. Vedic meditation is essentially similar to Transcendental Meditation. It is generally practised twice a day for 20 minutes at a time. In this class we will set up for a 20 minute session, and begin a ‘meditation journal’, aiming to set up students for their own personal practice.