Location: Moa Place, Freshwater
Permanent part time role: 10 hours per week flexing upwards around events
Salary: £18,000 – £20,000 pro rata dependent upon experience + staff benefits equivalent to Gold Membership of the Centre
The WWSCC is a special place to work because it is the hub for the West Wight community providing activities which support the community’s physical and mental health and well-being. We have amazing facilities including swimming pools, sports hall, gym, cafe, meeting rooms, community centre, exercise classes, community kitchen, hair salon, hydrotherapy, physiotherapy, chiropractic clinic and lots more.
The Centre is a beacon of success for self-funding organisations and one of the main ways income has been increased over recent years is through a very successful annual calendar of events. Some of the events we are best known for are:
- Isle of Wight Festival of Running
- West Wight Triathlon
- Solent Swim
- Chilly Hilly
- Various smaller fund raising events throughout the year including social events
- Children’s Splash and Dash and fun run
- Walk The West Wight
Reporting to the Centre Manager the Events Coordinator will be tasked with the following:
- Developing the events programme so that it makes a contribution to the sustainability of the Centre. A financial target has been set for the current year and this will increase in 2019/20.
- Developing a plan of future events which are both profitable and meet the ethos of the organisation
We are looking for candidates with the following attributes:
- Can be “hands on” with a positive, can-do approach. A real team-player.
- Experience of participating in sport and physical activity events
- Passionate about creating opportunities for more people to be involved with sport and physical activity
- Able to demonstrate excellent organisational skills, project management and attention to detail
- Good IT skills (MS Office including Excel)
- Previous experience in event organisation is desirable
Hours are initially set at 10 per week (average) with potential to grow if the events programme develops. There will be an expectation to work more hours before, during and after events.
For further information about West Wight Sports & Community Centre please take look around our website.
To apply please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you!