‘Kick Out the Calories’
Enjoy Football, Lose Weight & Get Healthier
‘Kick Out the Calories’ is a football league for adults who want to be more active, more often. Our aim is to support every player to help you get fitter, lose weight and enjoy the beautiful game. The ‘Kick Out the Calories’ League will be decided not just on points won, but pounds lost!
Benefits of Playing Football to Health:
- Reduce risk of chronic illnesses such as heart disease, stroke & Type II Diabetes.
- Reduce body fat.
- Improve your overall cardiovascular health (heart health and blood pressure).
- Increase stamina and speed.
- Improve muscle strength and tone.
- Increase bone strength.
- Improve coordination.
- Increase confidence and self-esteem, and help reduce anxiety.
- It’s social and great fun!
How to Join
You can join on your own and we will put you into a team and help you get to know the other players. Equally, if you have friends, family or colleagues who also want to get more active and/or lose weight, then join with them and you can be in the same team; or even create a full 5-a-side team yourself.
Please secure your place in the League by booking at reception or by calling 752168.
‘Kick Out the Calories’ will run every Tuesday in the Sports Hall, from 19.30-21.00 and cost £5 per player per session.