This is a joint statement from Clare Griffin, Centre Manager and Gill Kennett, Chairman of Trustees.
We are taking the current situation regarding corona virus very seriously. We are reviewing actions regularly in response to government and public health advice. We are concerned about the health and well-being of our users, staff and members of our community.
We are monitoring the situation closely with regard to business continuity. We do expect that the Centre may be affected by this situation if things escalate. We will continue to do all we can to keep everyone safe whilst maintaining our service.
Business will go on as usual for the time being. This is under constant review.
We do ask you all to take note of the following:
HYGIENE AROUND THE CENTRE
– Our cleaning and hygiene standards are already high but we have increased this. Staff are regularly sanitising surfaces and equipment. You are asked to assist with this where possible
– Please wash their hands before and after taking part in activities
– Please support staff and wipe down gym and fitness equipment BEFORE and AFTER use.
– We can be reassured that the swimming pool is a safe environment as chlorine and water will kill the virus. Swimming is therefore safe subject to adequate controls before and after entering the pool
IF YOU OR A FAMILY MEMBER ARE ILL
– Under current Government guidance if you or a family member are ill you should refer to www.111.nhs.uk/covid-19 and answer the questions to establish what course of action to take
– If you have to self-isolate PLEASE DO NOT COME TO THE CENTRE
– Please inform us if you have to self-isolate and you have been at the Centre recently
– We do anticipate a potential downturn in business and a possibility at some point that we will have to close our doors. This may create a very difficult situation for us
– Obviously we hope this will only be temporary but we are putting plans in place to deal with the worst case. We very much hope this won’t happen, but feel it is sensible to plan for the worst and hope for the best
– We will keep you informed as and when things develop
– AT THE MOMENT – BUSINESS IS AS USUAL – SUBJECT TO THE ABOVE.
Thank you for your continued support and attention to this. Please do not hesitate to contact either Clare or Gill if you have any queries