An exciting opportunity has arisen at West Wight Sports & Community Centre for a Fundraising, Grants and Project Officer. The post is funded by Southern Housing Group as part of its on-going support of the Centre and its work.
The successful applicant will be responsible for accessing external grant funding to support the sustainability of the Centre and its activities as well as developing projects and activities which support the Centres growing community work.
This is an exciting new post with a dual focus on maximising income through external grant funding and the promotion and development of projects directly related to community need. The post-holder will have a mix of fundraising and grant funding experience as well as project development and publicity skills.
The Fundraising Grants and Projects Officer will work closely with and report directly to the Centre Manager. They will identify and apply for funding that further develops the vision and mission of the Centre with a focus on the sustainability of the Trust.
They will also develop and ensure funding is in place for local community projects that directly meet the needs of the local community, working in partnership with a range of local agencies. Initially this will be a three year fixed term contract, but if the post-holder can generate enough funding, this may be extended.
- Research, identify and manage small-mid donations from trusts, foundations, institutional funders, governments and statutory-making bodies, corporate and private donors.
- Support and promote community projects that address digital inclusion, employment and training, financial inclusion and health and well-being with a specific focus on serving Southern Housing Group customers.
- Attract, build and develop relationships with new and existing donors to secure long term and increased funding across a wide range of target markets.
- Manage a mixed portfolio of funders to best practice standards, ensuring reporting deadlines are met, terms and conditions for grants are satisfied, grant income is collected efficiently when due and donor retention remains an on-going priority.
- Research new philanthropic foundations and likely sources of statutory funding
- Maintain and update database of fundraising contacts
- Through partnership working, identify gaps in local community provision and develop plans and projects that meet those needs focusing on digital and financial inclusion, employment and training and health and well-being.
Applications should be made to the Centre Manager by email: email@example.com
Closing date August 5th 2018.