A big thanks to Freshwater Bay Residents’ Association for donating £1500 to EXTEND OUR GYM fundraising campaign. The money was raised during their open gardens event over May Bank Holiday.
The following gardens were open…
- Baker’s Farm House, Gate Lane – Jane and Kirk Wolley Dod
A large garden with blue/white border, roses, vegetables, fruit trees and lawn areas. Also ruined barn, making a sheltered seating area.
- Havelock House, Gate Lane – James and Dorothy Day, Alan Sheward
This traditional garden continues to evolve and now features more herbaceous borders with some favourite hardy perennials now establishing themselves.
- Gull Cottage, Blackbridge Road – Terry and Owen Butchers
Small gardens at the front, side and rear of the cottage, maximum use made of each area with the back garden containing a pond, seating areas, numerous climbing plants, evergreens and perennials, attracting many birds, bees and butterflies.
- Treberren, Blackbridge Road – Sheila and Roger Spivey
Formal pond in front garden, borders of shrubs, roses and herbaceous plants. Alpine bed in back garden with central lawn, four colour themed beds and vegetable patch.
- Well Close, Blackbridge Road – Judith and Sandy Hunt
A large garden, flowers, fruit and vegetables, hens, log piles, swing, trampoline, outdoor bread oven.
- Japonica Lodge Victoria Road – Felicity and Michael Wareham
A medium sized garden that has been planted over the last few years. Mixed border with shrubs, herbaceous plants and bulbs. Small kitchen garden and fruit trees.